January/February Editor's Note Projects
Blissful (Red) Dotted Swiss Cardstock (Bazzill Basics)
Slipper (Pink) Dotted Swiss Cardstock (Bazzill Basics)
Pinwheel Stripe Patterned Paper (Doodlebug Design)
Yellow Polka Dot Ribbon
Smooches Lollipop Card
1. Cut lip-shaped card base from template
2. Cut the striped patterned paper into a 1 x 3 1/2" strip, and cut a triangle from one end
3. Cut the pink cardstock into a 1 x 3 1/2" strip, and cut a triangle from one end
4. Wrap approximately 5" of ribbon around the end of the pink cardstock piece and tie a knot
5. Adhere the striped paper strip vertically to the right side of the card
6. Layer and adhere the pink paper strip horizontally, just below the center of the striped paper strip Note: Place adhesive on the outer edges of the pink paper strip, leaving the center free for lollipop
7. Cut down your chosen sentiment and adhere to pink paper strip
8. Slide lollipop behind pink paper strip
Optional: adhere a colorful button on the striped paper, just above the pink paper. It is recommended to thread the button with floss before adhering to card
Finished card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
DOWNLOAD JPEG VERSION OF PATTERN HERE
DOWNLOAD PDF VERSION OF PATTERN HERE
Sweet Treats Bag Topper
1. Cut pink cardstock to into a 6" x 3" strip, score and fold so that it's a finished size of 6" x 1/2"
2. Add candy of your choice to a standard, snack size bag
3. Fold and staple one edge of bag so that the length of the bag matches the length of the 6" topper
4. Place topper over the top of the baggie and staple into place
5. Cut a 3/4" x 6" strip from red cardstock and adhere over staples
6. Cut three, 1" x 1 3/4" strips from the striped paper, cut a triangle from the bottom of each strip
7. Arrange strips about a quarter inch apart starting from the right-hand side of the bag topper
8. Cut down the sentiment of your choice and add to the left side of the topper on the pink cardstock
9. Cut 1" of ribbon. Adhere ends of ribbon together to create loop. Adhere ribbon to front of topper
Optional: Embellish the striped paper strips with teal buttons, threading floss through holes before adhering
Finished size: 6" x 1 1/2"
Sweet Treats Goodie Holder
1. Cut a 12" x 3" strip from pink cardstock and score at 8 1/2" from either end to create the pocket
2. Cut a 2" x 6" strip from striped paper and adhere to pink cardstock approximately 2 1/4" from scored edge
3. Staple the top of the pocket on both sides
4. Cut a 1" x 3" strip from the red cardstock and add to the top of the pocket (hiding staples), cut down sentiment of your choice and adhere to center of red cardstock
5. Cut approximately 15 1/2" of ribbon, wrap the pocket with ribbon and tie a bow
Optional: Adhere teal button to the center of the bow, thread floss through holes before adhering
Finished size: 3" x 8 1/2"
Sweet Treats Gift Kit/ Smooches Lollipop Card Kit
Click HERE to purchase the Sweet Treats Gift Kit. Kit materials will create 15 candy bag toppers and 15 goodie holders.
Click HERE to purchase the Smooches Lollipop Card Kit. Kit materials will create 30 cards!
More Sweet Projects
If you love these projects, you'll find more Valentine's Day creations in the January/February 2011 issue of Paper Crafts magazine.
|You might also like...|
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|