purging question

http://www.simplescrapbooking.com

purging question

Postby Celeste Smith on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:36 am

i have way too much cardstock. it's getting out of control. how do you think i can go about purging it? i don't even know where to start!
celeste smith
my blog

Celeste Smith

Re: purging question

Postby ZsMom on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:17 am

I have a hard time letting my paper go. I think I'll need it for something. So lets just say I have lots of paper, I'll propable never use but you never know, Sorry I say try and organize most of it and if you really don't like it, or will ever use it. Just let it go. Sorry I'm not much help
ZsMom

Postby scrapnTn on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:56 am

You could send it to me..::sweet smile:: lol
scrapnTn

Postby christyap on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:24 am

You could get one of those paper organizers from michaels that hold 500 sheets (or is it 300??, not sure), and organize each of the 12 tabs for a different color, and fill each one, and purge whatevers left? unless you have an overly large collection, buy two, and do one oranizer for lighter shades, and the other for darker shades.
Hope that helps,
Christy
christyap

Postby bluestardesign on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:02 pm

i typically buy at least 50 sheets of one color, and if I find I'm not using it up, i give it away on my blog :) I've also has some success selling on ebay (like mixed packs of 25 sheets) but it usually only sells for about $3.00, so not sure it's worth the hassle!
bluestardesign

Postby Celeste Smith on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:26 pm

i have 10 cropper hoppers overflowing with cardstock. like i can't fit another piece in. each one dedicate to a color - for some colors i have two. yikes. i've already purged all of the non-textured since i never use that. i guess i just have to go through and purge colors i think are ugly or something. i'm not looking forward to it!
celeste smith
my blog

Celeste Smith

Postby bluestardesign on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:47 am

i did a non-texture purge, too, awhile back. but then i just bought a bunch of Bazzill Smoothies recently. oh well!
bluestardesign

Postby Linda Barber on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:25 am

I kind of like the smooth ones... :)

Well, I finally realized that I don't really use that many different colors. So I got rid of the bulk of my color ones, and kept a few sheets of green, pink, red, blue, one each of a different shade. Now I only buy white, black, kraft, and grey.
Linda
Linda Barber

Postby scrapnTn on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:57 am

I am serious ladies..I would be very willing to offer myself as the recipient of your purged papers. I don't do this for everyone but I'm feeling generous and would be willing to accept your overflow of paper goodies!! lol..I'm kidding..I'm just so jealous that y'all have that kind of money to spend excessively on paper! I have to use all that I buy...I'm on a beer budget...I"m just green with envy over ya'll's champagne expense account!
scrapnTn

Postby brit on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Schools and nursing homes would probably appreciate any donations you care to give. Also shelters for abused women with children.
brit

Next

Return to Simple Scrapbooking