Just got the final issue....sad.

http://www.simplescrapbooking.com

Just got the final issue....sad.

Postby msmoonlite2 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:28 pm

I got the last issue of SS in the mail today. It is a really good issue, but I'm sad to see it go. I wish that there were more of them coming out. I also feel bad because with all of the MB changes lately so many people are probably turned off to CK in general and probably won't come here to chat and keep the SS memory alive.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/scrapbooking/w8eD5Tu/]
[/url]
msmoonlite2

Re: Just got the final issue....sad.

Postby Susan in MD on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:32 pm

I got mine today too. Very sad. They'll be missed.

Susan in MD
Susan in MD

Postby sandyf on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 pm

Very sad. I subscribe to CK but not to SS. Is the new SS on the newstand yet? I sometimes have a hard time finding it.
sandyf

Postby MilfordScrapper on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:11 am

I was so bummed, because I used to get both mags, and just decided to let my CK one go, and now I guess I am back to being a CK girl. Pooh. Sad day for me, too. Kendra
MilfordScrapper

Postby ScrapsofOz on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Ditto here on being bummed-out about the end of "Simple Scrapbooks". I subscribed to both CK and SS, but used SS the most. Frequently CK is far too complicated for me, and I like the cleaner, more simple style of SS. I was actually thinking about not renewing CK, but keeping SS -- guess that is now a moot point. Last year the local scrapbook store closed-up, and recently the scrapbook store one town over also closed down. What a bummer!!! Believe me, I did my best to support both stores! Now all that is left is a Michael's, and the stuff they stock is ho-hum. Plus, they don't ever have interesting scrapbook classes. This is all so depressing.
ScrapsofOz

Postby sweetsuzy78 on Sat May 02, 2009 6:37 pm

I so wish I would have been able to afford a subscription for the last year...I however went out and bought the last issue I had just learned back in March/April their wouldn't be a simple Scrapbooks Mag anymore...I was honestly moved to tears...It was one of the 1st mags I had ever turned to for new inspiration...Their layout styles were simple and easy...I will miss their magazine greatly However I have saved about 3 yrs worth of subscriptions to their magazines they may be old but I will continue to use them for inspiration...Aren't they joining up with creating keepsakes tho? So I mean doesn't that mean that we really aren't loosing them completely just the magazine its self...Does anyone know who else has joined CK that was from SS?
Please let me know I eagerly await a reply!
Sincerly,
Suzy
sweetsuzy78

Postby Kathyscrapper on Tue May 05, 2009 4:52 am

I used to get CK, then changed to Memory Makers until they changed their format, then I went over to Scrapbooks Etc., which I liked, but I still wanted simpler, so in January started receiving SS. My 3rd issue was a shocker, my poor husband had to listen to my mourning all day. Well RIP SS, I will save my 3 copies intact for inspiration. Received CK today and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of LO's versus ads and the variety of LO's. CK just may win me over. Here's to the simple....Kathy
Kathyscrapper

Postby Charlefour on Thu May 14, 2009 2:02 pm

I, like the rest of you, am sadden by the lost of Simple Scrapbooks. Between it and Scrapbooks, Etc., they were my favorites. I wonder if they have consider switching to a digital format? Some magazines with declining sells have had success doing this.
Charlefour

Postby rabbit8 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:09 pm

I guess I'm the odd man out, so to speak, I never liked SS mag. My favorite ones are Creating Keepsakes, and Setc. Tried all the others and these 2 are hands down the best. (in my opinion of course)
Phil 4:13 I can do all things though Christ which stregtheneth me.
rabbit8

Return to Simple Scrapbooking