[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /common.php on line 219: require(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 451: include_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /common.php on line 231: require_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 18: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 19: include(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
Message Board • View topic - CK needs to listen to SS readers!!

CK needs to listen to SS readers!!

http://www.simplescrapbooking.com

CK needs to listen to SS readers!!

Postby justascrapin on Sun May 17, 2009 5:38 pm

I have been reading posts about SS magazine ending. I have some thoughts on this matter.

I subscribed to CK for about 8 years. I finally canceled my subscription because I got tired of the too complicated layouts, layouts that costs a fortune to make, completely unrealistic pages since it would takes hours to finish one page, and lets not forget the pages that are really just an advertisement for the scrapbook suppliers with a picture thrown in, so they can call it scrapbooking, etc.

I am not a designer, I am not given my scrapbook supplies, and I am not paid to scrapbook. I want pages that are REAL. I want pages that focus on the PHOTOS instead of the embellishments. Since, in my opinion, CK has gotten away from what scrapbooking is really about........ I no longer subscribe to their magazine.

I LOVED SS! It was about....... photos and memories, isn't that what scrapbooking is supposed to be about??

I personally feel that CK needs to take our comments to heart. I understand they may not be able to continue with two magazines. However, they CAN give us what WE want in the CK Mag, after all, shouldn't "they" be trying to please the customer??

Go back to basics. Go back to making photos the star of the page. Go back to what we fell in love with.....

SIMPLE SCRAPBOOKING!!! :P
justascrapin

Re: CK needs to listen to SS readers!!

Postby Cathy B. of IL on Tue May 19, 2009 12:30 am

I so totally agree!!!! Yes they do need to listen to what the SS subscribers loved about that magazine and incoporate it into CK if they want to keep their subscribers. I have every single copy of SS and have no intentions of getting rid of them...but have gotten rid of past issues of CK...maybe someday SS will come back...well, we can only wish!!!
Cathy B. of IL

Postby mrsbuz2000 on Fri May 22, 2009 4:46 pm

I will truly miss Simple....I loved each issue I received, cover to cover! Now CK is wanting me to renew my subscription with them....but I have not purchased any in the past. Thanks for your info, I will be receiving a few issues of CK until my Simple subscription runs out, so they will determine whether I stick with them or not!
:(
mrsbuz2000

Postby fmg120 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:16 pm

I love simple layouts, thats pretty much all I do :)
fmg120

Postby Danielsmom on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:16 pm

I SO agree with what everyone who has posted has to say! I am not an "advanced" scrapper, and most of the layouts in CK appear to be very "busy" and way beyond my scrapping ability. They deter from the main focus of the layout, which should be the picture/pictures. Please take our opinions into account and make any necessary additions to CK magazine!
Danielsmom

Postby fia on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:47 pm

I love to make LO's to and I live in the Netherlands and I read this magazine
to,but indeed you are right...not anymore,its not anymore about the readers it
is all about commercial things.

Well I invite you to look at my page i have a sketch every week,with also
every week a little prize to win,this time there is still a stamp to win from
Rachel Ann Miller,and in July i will have a basic grey package to win.

I use sketches and I keep it simple,I made many LO's already and normally
i don't have any idea,but this is fun and quick, and there are nice ladies to.

So you are invited,just take a look,I just started.

http://scraps4uandme.ning.com
Welcome and hope to see you there.
be smart,make art.
fia

Postby DianeLynne on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:33 am

I feel the same way! I miss SS! Please bring it back!
DianeLynne

Return to Simple Scrapbooking